Published on July 19th, 2013 | by Shopmaster2
Top 5 Detroit Lions I Would Like To Use In Madden 25
We are really excited about the new Madden Share feature in Madden NFL 25 and all of the possibilities that could come from this that it got me thinking about who we would like to see on a roster for each team historically. In this series of articles Game Changers Alex Barlow and Shopmaster will attempt to select the top 5 guys for each team that they would like to see in the game and on that teams’ roster. You won’t see any current players, just players that are not going to be in the game.
When you think about the Detroit Lions franchise, you think about a losing tradition, but when you dig deep you’ll find that there were some great players that put on the Lions jersey. You don’t immediately think of anyone that dominated out side of Barry Sanders but as I started filling out my “Top 5″ Detroit Lions I want to see on a Madden Share Roster I realize … that Barry Sanders was the Man but he was not alone!
5. Cory Schlesinger (FB) - I have to admit that Schlesinger isn’t a great statistics guy but this man must have broken at least one facemask each game. That’s how fierce of a lead blocker he was. Schlesinger is the fullback that every running back would love to have in front of him and he wasn’t bad on short yardage either. His gritty, tough and workman play earned him Lions’ Offensive MVP in 2003 despite not putting up any kind of numbers.
4. Chris Speilman (LB) – Speilman probably owns 90% of the tackling records in the Lions record books. Most of that was because he played on bad teams and was on the field all of the time but Speilman made 4 pro bowls before being traded.
3. Dick “Night Train” Lane (DB) – There is no way that Lane would be able to play in today’s NFL as he would be fined so much he’d go broke. “Night Train” Lane was famous for the the tactics he used to take a ball carrier down. He not only tried to tackle you but he was famous for his “Night Tain Necktie” that had his arm wrap around someone’s neck and yoking them down.
2. Joe Schmidt (LB) – When you look into the Lions franchise, many people considered and still do consider Joe Schmidt to be the best defender in Lions history. Schmidt was one of the first LBs who was considered to be a QB for the defense to call plays. Back when Schmidt played (Mid 50s to Mid 60s ) they didn’t keep track of stats, but he did win the NFL MVP in 1960; that’s for the whole league not just for the defense. That’s how good he was.
1. Barry Sanders (RB) – You can’t be on the cover of Madden NFL 25 and not be on the list of players for your franchise but even if Barry wasn’t on the cover he’d be #1. I think a lot of us gamers have wished we could play with Barry Sanders and this year is the perfect year for him to be in the game. Barry is not only loved in Detroit but he is loved everywhere and was a thrill to watch. No need to put any statistics with Barry, just watch this highlight and tell me you wouldn’t want to see him in Madden NFL 25.
So that’s my list of the top 5 Detroit Lions I would like to use in Madden NFL 25, who is on your list?
As always, leave your comments and opinions below.
Check back on Monday as we reveal the Top 5 San Diego Chargers Alex would like to play with in Madden NFL 25? Who are your top 5 Chargers, shout us out on Twitter to join the conversation and get your player out there? Tweet us @Shopmaster and @AlexElway7