Published on July 15th, 2013 | by Shopmaster0
Top 5 Chicago Bears I Would Like To Use In Madden NFL 25
We are really excited about the new Madden Share feature in Madden NFL 25 and all of the possibilities that could come from this that it got us thinking about who we would like to see on a roster for each team historically. In this series of articles Game Changers Alex Barlow and Shopmaster will attempt to select the top 5 guys for each team that they would like to see in the game and on that teams’ roster. You won’t see any current players, just players that are not going to be in the game at launch but could be created using Madden Share.
Today I want to start off this series of articles with the Chicago Bears. As a NFL little fan in the mid 80′s, there was probably no more intriguing team than that ’85 Bears squad, but how many of those will make my top 5 I’d like to see in Madden NFL 25.
5. Mike Ditka (TE) – Mike Ditka revolutionized the TE position in his career catching 427 passes for 5,800 yards and 43 touchdowns. What makes Ditka so great is that you wouldn’t lose anything when you kept him in to block as he was one of the best blocking TE in his era. I would love to see Ditka split out wide and running over the middle catching in Madden NFL 25 and would be a great addition to a Chicago Bear roster.
4. Dick Butkus (LB) – Butkus was named “The Most Feared Man in the game” in 1970 and was selected to eight Pro-Bowls including two “Defensive Players of the Year” awards in his career. I would imagine Butkus would have a 95+ Hitstick because at the time his career was done he was believed to have forced more fumbles than anyone even though that statistic wasn’t being calculated at that time. I don’t think there is any list of great Chicago Bears where Butkus is not on that list. Sorry Singletary, but Butkus was the man before you became the man.
3. Gale Sayers (RB) – All indications suggest that Gale Sayers career ended too soon and had it not he would have been one of the top 5 RBs in the game. In his NFL Rookie of the Year season of 1965, Sayers scored an NFL record 22 touchdowns, gained 1,374 yards from scrimmage and gained 2,272 all-purpose yards. Would love to line Sayers up all over the field cause he was a threat everytime he touched the ball.
2. William “Refridgerator” Perry (DT, FB) – My favorite Chicago Bear on that 1985 Championship team was “The Fridge”. Loved when it was a goaline situation and they brought in “The Fridge” to get that one yard and the Touchdown. The man was 6’2″ and 335lbs and was a force once he got some momentum going. Having him in Madden NFL 25 would be huge especially with the “Force Impact System”.
1. Walter Payton (RB) – “Sweetness” is my number 1 player I would love to see in Madden NFL 25. With the “Run Free” feature and the improved run blocking would make Payton very fun to use. During his 13 years as a Bear, Payton recorded 16,726 rushing yards, 110 rushing touchdowns and 21,264 yards from scrimmage; which were all NFL records at the time of his retirement.
Here is my list of the top 5 Chicago Bears I would like to use in Madden NFL 25, who is on your list.
As always, leave your comments and opinions below and stay tuned for another “Top 5″ in a day or two.