Published on July 20th, 2012 | by Shopmaster8
NCAA Football 13 – Patch Details
With only a couple of weeks into the NCAA Football 13 Season, EA SPORTS is already putting out a title update (patch) and well as planning for another one. Details came out in a blog by Jason French; who is a Lead Designer on NCAA football 13, where he outlined the details of each patch. So let’s get right to the details.
Patch 1 – Arrival July 31
- Problem with playcalling screen where you would lose functionality and couldn’t call a play or change the formation
- Dynasty Issue where it would crash randomly while you were trying to load your Dynasty.
Patch 2 – Arrival End of August
This patch will be addressing the following issues that have been seen from our telemetry and heard about from the community:
- Zone Defense has been updated.
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zone overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
- No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
- Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
- CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
- Change the logic of man defenders so they don’t run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
- Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
- Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
- Fixed sideline streak routes so they don’t get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
- Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
- Zone Defense has been updated.
- Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
- Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the “Allow Time Savers” setting was turned off.
- Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
- In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
- Custom Playbooks
- Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
- Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
- Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes.
In my opinion it really sucks that this much stuff needs to be patched. To be honest half the people don’t even see most of the problems but putting it out and it being laid out like this just makes you really think about how bad some of these things are.
I think it’s just as frustrating that the major issues with the game will not be out until Madden 13 comes out and that right there will hurt a lot. I like the fact that there is more time in between my NCAA and Madden but at the same time, I wish it was a complete success. Nevertheless I’m having fun in the EASGCCS and in the one Dynasty that I’m in but I understand those who are disappointed in the fact that some of these problems exist and have to deal with it until it’s fixed.
It makes playing in certain Dynasties no fun. For instance I’m Clemson and there are Dynasties out there that are prohibiting you from doing the Read Option because it’s broken. Some people are having problems with their Custom Playbooks, I’m not but it’s out there and for some people that aspect of the game means a lot. It’s like the No Editing Players function in Madden 13. That aspect doesn’t bother me one bit but it does for others and that’s what makes it bad altogether.
If there are other things you see wrong with NCAA Football 13, please hit me up and let me know so I can notify EA SPORTS.
Share and Enjoy