Published on February 8th, 2011 | by bmore0
Madden 12 Wishlist
When Madden 12 creative director Ian Cummings said during the Super Bowl halftime blog that they weren’t even sure everything that will be in the game quite yet, we knew it would be the perfect time to get together a Madden 12 wishlist made from the community.
Ian Cummings: “As everyone knows, we are still a LONG way away from shipping the game, and undoubtedly some fans may be expecting major feature announcements even though we just aren’t at that point yet. Remember, WE aren’t even 100% sure what’s going to end up in the game yet.”
Over the course of the next few months, we’ll be adding good ideas for Madden NFL 12 from the comment section below, and inviting the Madden development team as well as other notable sites in the industry to join the conversation. This is, however, ultimately a fan-motivated wishlist, so if there is anything you want to see in Madden 12 then be sure to drop your thoughts as extensively as you can in the comments.
We’ll start everyone off with a few great ideas. We will be adding more to this list periodically over time, but we’ll need your help to make the ultimate wishlist, so be sure to quick tweet this story!
Madden 12 Wishlist
Practice Mode Wishlist
• Ability to change playbook used on the fly in practice mode.
• Ability to randomize offensive and defensive plays based on formation or type (type being zone, blitz etc).
• Add online practice mode, allowing 2-4 players to “lab” together in an online setting.
• Add GameFlow and Gameplanning to practice mode. – [credit to chacal81]
• Add situation drills (2 minute drill, customized clock/score, down and distance).
Franchise Mode Wishlist
• Scouting 2.0 replay-based scouting system for true drafting enjoyment. First written about a year ago here.
• Submit-a-draftee system to help ease workload on EA and expand drafting pool. This would be a simple system where users can create and submit draftees, which can later be approved by EA to be included in the next update if they choose. Could use some tweaks to make sure it’s actually useful for EA, perhaps limit the submit-a-draftee option to users that have played X amount of franchise or collected a certain amount of achievements.
• Add “eyeball” icon/number during play. This indicates how much of the stadium is focusing on you, and is determined by your player fame and in-game performance. This is an interesting engagement-addition that could find many different uses.
• Finally remove tumbleweed tackles (add ability for more than one player to truly influence a tackle).
• Add “sack avoidance” rating with button. Players like Peyton Manning should be able to hit the “avoid sack” button and drop down to the fetal position to prevent a possible fumble, while players with lower ratings should have a harder time successfully executing the maneuver.
• Add ability for defensive linemen to reach out to strip while engaged with a blocker (sacrifices strength and positioning in exchange for a momentary shot at the runner).
• Add multiple fumble-recovery styles. “Scoop and run” with the opportunity to pick up a fumble while running at the risk of missing the ball or kicking it away, and “drop and secure” for increased chances of recovery but limited ability to advance the ball. This decision will add more strategy to the game.
• Instant interception behavior similar to that of NCAA Football 11. Interceptions are much more fun in NCAA because after the interception the game continues rather instantly, allowing for more shock-factor return yards and less instant-tackles.
• Add formation-specific substitution packages like in NCAA Football 11 – [credit to GreetingsADM]
• Option to revert to classic controls. This was never actually added as was promised, instead shortcuts to the new strategy pad were implemented, which still leaves with it the same ergonomic difficulties.
• Add ability to upload/download gameplans (password optional). Gameplans were a great feature in Madden 11, unfortunately they took such a long time to make that many players neglected it. The ability to share gameplans will allow newer or less game-savvy players the option to find something that fits them.
• Add online tournaments back into the mix. This used to be a great feature for community sites, and competition-hungry players that wanted to test themselves. The problem with leavers can be self-regulated by instituting a “leaver rating” exclusive to tournaments, and allowing tournament owners to dictate the minimum requirements for participation.
• Add optional play-by-play feed for games/players that can be picked up and delivered to a website page through a code. This will allow players to spectate live games from tournaments or with friends without actually needing a spectator mode. This would also be a great friend to community websites that host tournaments and have players interested in select games.
• Integrate a real spectator mode (on a slight delay) where users can watch other games if both players in a match allow spectators.
• Make it easier for us to see our record, as well as the record/opponents of our foes. It’s very difficult in Madden 11 – [credit to Gregory W.]
Read the original post:
Madden 12 Wishlist